How to make fantastic homemade bread
Let’s face it: just the scent of homemade bread is enough to take us back to our childhood, when we helped our grandmothers and mothers make it with simple, affectionate gestures. Bread is a symbol of goodness (who can resist its unmistakable fragrance and taste?) and happiness, which can be made at any time to cheer up a table.
There are 5 basic ingredients behind this magic: flour (480 g), water (250 ml), extra virgin olive oil (60 ml), fresh yeast (20 g) and salt (10 g). Additionally, you can obviously add anything else that comes to your imagination, such as olives, nuts and dried tomatoes, replicating the delicacies on show in your trusted bakery at home.
The method is as follows:
- Dissolve the yeast in 60 ml of lukewarm water, add it to the flour and knead.
- Add the water that you set aside and the olive oil to the mixture and knead.
- Once the liquids have been absorbed and the yeast has mixed with the flour, add the salt.
- Knead the dough for about ten minutes to activate the yeast.
- Cover the dough with a cloth or cling film and let it rise for about 2 hours.
- Once the necessary time has passed, knead the dough again, shaping it as you wish, and brush it with olive oil.
At this point there are two solutions: you can bake your bread traditionally in the oven, or... steam it in Candy’s Smart Steam! The oven which, with a simple touch, will bring the benefits of this type of cooking to your homes. Steam enables bread, pizza and desserts to rise more easily, making them lighter, with an even more inviting appearance. None of your family or friends will be able to resist its strong fragrance!