How to steam cook in a microwave
Microwave steam cooking
You know, nothing can get your dinner ready as quickly as a microwave. But did you know that it could be a great ally even in steam cooking? This appliance combines the health benefits of steaming with the speed of microwave cooking, being 4 times faster than traditional cooking methods. Let’s discover together how you can make the most out of your steam microwave.
Here’s a quick roundup of the main advantages that microwave steam cooking offers.
- It helps to maintain the food properties, vitamins (such as C and B vitamins) and mineral salts.
- It preserves the natural colours, flavour and textures of food.
- It retains antioxidants such as flavonoids, anthocyanins and glucosinolates
- It’s a fat-free way to cook, which excludes the use of oil.
- It is a very simple and incredibly fast cooking method, allowing you to save time.
- It is perfect for delicate food, such as vegetables and fish, which can easily be ruined by extreme heat.
- In most cases, it reduces the unpleasant smell of certain food types.
When and how to use it
With your steam microwave, you can basically cook anything: from meat, fish, rice, pasta, vegetables, to desserts such as puddings.
Remember that to steam safely in your microwave, it’s necessary to have a suitable container.
COOKinApp steam edition
The Candy CookinApp Steam Edition is the new smart microwave that allows you to prepare delicious steam recipes without having to give up the taste of your dishes.
It comes with the steam accessory, which makes your microwave cooking quicker and easier, preserving all the primary nutrients of your ingredients, even during the defrost process.
Plus, thanks to the simply-Fi App you can access a whole world of dedicated contents, tips and recipes.
How to use Candy steam accessory
Just follow these simple steps:
1. Add some water in the bottom part of the pot
2. Insert the grid
3. Place your food on the grid
4. Cover it with a lid
5. Place it in the microwave and press Start